Sunday, April 26, 2009

Eight Below

Today we all had a great afternoon snuggled together watching a movie on t.v. But, let me tell you why.

My mom came up for the weekend and was loading up the car to go home. Campbell and I went outside to help her and Carley sat down on the couch. Chris went back to our room for some reason. Anyway - when Campbell and I came back in from outside to help mom get the last of her things, I looked over and saw Carley crying on the couch. I said, "What's wrong, sweety" and she sobbs, "they had to leave that dog all by himself!" Mom then told me she was watching Eight Below and it was the part where all eight dogs had to be left behind by the researchers and they all seemed to get out of their collars except for "Jack." His collar was on too tight and the others couldn't get it off him. So, they had to leave him there while they ran off to get food. Carley was soooo upset. She had my mom, me and Chris crying for her!!!! I had to tell her that end was actually happy, but for now, lets go out and tell Nana goodbye.

When we got back inside, we were wanting to put them both down for a nap, but she really wanted to watch the rest of the movie. I have seen that movie many times (because it is good, but mainly because of Paul Walker! YUMMY! ) so I knew it would be hard for her since a couple of them die. But, we decided to sit there as a family and watch it together anyway. One minute we laughed, one minute we were amazed at the adventures they go through, and the other minutes we cried our eyes out. Especially Carley! She is sooooo emotional at movies. I have to admit she gets that from Chris who cries quite often in movies if I do say so. However, I am the emotional one at anything related to animals. SO, in this case, she could have got it from me. ;)

I guess the point of this post is that we were reminded of Carley's sweet and caring nature! She would just get so upset for the dogs, and then turn around a laugh and cheer for them! We just love her to pieces!

No comments: