Saturday, January 23, 2010

So confused!

The kids are at Nana and Papa's for the weekend, so Chris and I have had a very relaxing day. Slept 'till 10 a.m., ate a good lunch, watched movies on TNT..basically, we have done absolutely nothing! :) The only downer was going to Lowes to return all the curtains and rods I bought yesterday because they were all wrong! I was so disappointed! I am having such a hard time finding curtains I like or that fit the windows in the living room.

We then went back to look at the rugs because we need a new one in the living room and foyer. However Lowes or Home Depot kills us every time we go in there! The problem is that our house is now almost 9 years old and we want to replace so many things that is soooo overwhelming on what do first, how to do it, what we need to do to the existing things to make them ready for upgrades, etc. Finding new rugs sounds simple enough, but I cant find the right size, style and thickness we like and can afford. We also need to FINISH the friggin' floors by getting threshold pieces to transition from the tile to the concrete. Again, sounds easy enough - BUT it has taken us two years to do this because noone can tell us the best way to do it. I have resolved to just calling a flooring company and asking them to come out to do it. I can't take it anymore!!

Next we found ourselves in lighting because Chris wanted to see about light sensors that turn lights on/off as you enter/leave a room. (Apparently, I do not do a good job of doing that myself!!) BAD IDEA! We ended up looking at all these cool light fixtures for the kitchen only to realize we are pretty much stuck with our fluorescent light because replacing would reduce so much light that we would have to add light somewhere else. We basically need to put up a frame/box thingy to go around the light. Which looks nice, but ughh- still a fluorescent light! The color of the box is the color of our kitchen cabinets (which I hate) so the sales guy suggested adding dark brown hardware and matching faucet to help tone down the yellow cabinets. (I actually have wanted to do that for while now!) So you guessed it- we went to the hardware isle. Should we do handles or knobs or both? By the time you fund 26 of whatever style we choose, it's a pretty penny! By this time, I could not take it anymore and we left with nothing! All that time and nothing! Grrrr.....

My main problem I need to get over is that I want nice stuff, but do NOT want to pay for it! I know juice will be spilled on it, the dog will pee or throw up on it, the vacuum will frey it, it won't be the right size, it won't match, or we won't like it a few weeks after getting it. I really want someone to just come over and do it all for me!! Any takers?????

Ughh...Time for another glass of wine and a good night sleep before picking up the munchkins tomorrow. They are having such a great time they may not want to come back home with us!

Thanks for letting me vent!! :)

2 comments:

kristen said...

Oh my goodness, that makes my head hurt! I wish you lots of luck with all of that remodeling and updating, it sounds like a job of it's own:)

Danielle said...

Sounds like it is time to move...He he ;-)